This dish is perfect for
all you cheesy people out there cheese lovers 😛
Recipe taken from The Junior Cook by Family Circle.
Preparation time: 15 mins Total cooking time: 35 minutes Serves 4-5
60g butter 2 tablespoons plain flour 2 cups milk 1 cup cream 2 cups grated Cheddar 1/2 cup grated Parmesan 375g macaroni (I used Organic Macaroni by Alce Nero, and it takes 9 minutes to boil and get it al dente) 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (blitz 4 slices of bread in a food processor)
1. Preheat the oven to moderate 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Melt the butter in a medium pan. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring, until golden and bubbling.
2. Combine the milk and cream, and add to the pan a little at a time, stirring until smooth between each addition.
3. Bring to the boil, still stirring, and reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and add half the Parmesan and Cheddar. Stir until melted and smooth. (At this point, I tasted the sauce cause
cannot tahan the cheesy smell already to ensure the cheesiness was right. You may like to adjust it according to your liking or even salt it a little.)
5. Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water (add 2 tsp of salt for about 2 litres of water). Drain well and return to the pan. Add the cheese sauce and stir until well combined.
6. Spoon into a deep, ovenproof casserole dish. Sprinkle with the combined breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.